Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
- This event has passed.
ACO Live Webinar: FASD
October 28, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Prospective and adoptive families and the professionals who work with them
*This is an introductory session for people who are just learning about FASD.
Our new webinar on prenatal exposure to alcohol and drugs with Judy Archer, Adoption Counsellor and Consultant, will provide a comprehensive introduction to information about prenatal exposure to alcohol and drugs that is critical for adoptive parents to consider when parenting or planning to parent a child by adoption.
Goals: Raise awareness about the lifelong impact of FASD as well as tools, strategies and resources for optimizing the child’s adaptive functioning.
Objectives: By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Put FASD into context by explaining the extent of alcohol consumption in Canada
- Pinpoint contributors to and symptoms of FASD: primary and secondary
- Summarize the new diagnostic guidelines for FASD
- Explain lifelong implications and realities of living with a brain-based disability
- List strengths of children with FASD
- Describe contributors to adaptive functioning in children with FASD
- Identify formal and informal supports available to parents of children with a history of prenatal exposure to FASD
Register for free HERE