Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
- This event has passed.
ACO Live Webinar: ACEs & Developmental Trauma Part 2 – Healing Through Adoption & Permanency Journeys
October 26, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
ACEs & Developmental Trauma Part 2: Healing Through Adoption & Permanency Journeys with Kathy Soden & Sylvia Gibbons, Adoption Council of Ontario PACT Team & DTAA Members and Dianne Mathes, Executive Director of the Adoption Council of Ontario
Recommended audience: pre-adoptive families, adoptive, kinship and customary care families, adult adoptees and the professionals who support those on adoption and permanency journeys
- focus on the understanding of developmental trauma through the lens and core issues of adoption and permanency journeys
- emphasize the importance of truly understanding children, youth and adults and their “internal working models”, so that parenting, child welfare work and therapeutic interventions can be set up for success
- expand on the introductory discussion of prevention and healing from part 1 and address what can help children, youth and adults who have been impacted by developmental trauma from the perspective of:
- pre-adoptive families
- adoptive, kinship & customary care families
- adult adoptees
- address the importance of understanding developmental trauma and the lens of adoption by all of the systems (child welfare, education, health – physical and mental, family law, justice, etc) that work with people and families on adoption and permanency journeys
- provide relevant resources and further learning opportunities
Register for free HERE