Position: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
The Children’s Bridge is a non-profit, licenced international adoption agency located in Ottawa with a mandate to work in the best interests of the children and families we serve.
The Children’s Bridge has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant/Book Keeper for a full-time (40-hour/week), 6-month contract position (with the possibility of an extension). Hourly rate is $15.00/hr. The position includes approximately 30 hours per week on administrative tasks and office support, with a further 10 hours being spent on book-keeping, for a total of 40 hours/week.
The Administrative Assistant (30 hours/week) serves as the first point of contact for prospective adoptive families, Adoption Practitioners, Provincial Governments and members of the public. This role is also responsible for managing incoming inquiries, providing administrative support to Adoption Program Managers, managing our Filemaker database and assisting with general administrative office duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Post-secondary education an asset;
- Previous administrative/receptionist work experience;
- Excellent word processing, data base and other computer knowledge;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and teamwork skills;
- Proven ability to organize, and complete tasks with minimal support;
- Sensitivity and respect for adoptive families and multicultural issues;
- Ability to organize and prioritize work;
- Ability to work under pressure and support families in a cooperative manner;
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team to support Program Managers and Executive Director;
- Pleasant, efficient telephone manner;
- Exhibits a positive attitude and uses courtesy, diplomacy and discretion;
- Maintains professional ethics and confidentiality.
The book-keeping role (10 hrs/week) involves liaising with the Executive Director, Treasurer and Senior Book-keeper to maintain books of accounts (including but not limited to preparing checks, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash), employee payroll, overseeing of the issuance of cheques and payment of involves, and general accounts receivables/payables.
Please email your cover letter and CV to the attention of Karyn Arnauld-Bakelaar, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline is Tuesday, May 21st, 2019.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.