Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
- This event has passed.
Social Justice & Allyship: A Five-Part Anti-Racism Series for Adoption Professionals
October 7, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Joins us for this 5-part anti-racism series for adoption professionals.This course was developed specifically for adoption professionals including adoption practitioners, adoption consultants, adoption doulas, and anyone working in adoption with families adopting transracially.
It is designed to:
- Educate you on social justice issues in relation to child welfare/adoption;
- Guide you through challenging the adoption narrative;
- Help you uncover the racism inherent in adoption and provide real tools to actively dismantle it;
- Discuss ages and stages of development and actions anti-racist parents can take;
- Provide guidance to families on how to shape their child’s community as one that is anti-racist and inclusive.
COST: $450 + taxes (A resource list and study materials will be distributed via a secure link.)
FACILITATORS: Kara Eusebio, MPA and Karyn Arnauld-Bakelaar, M.A. Click HERE to meet your facilitators.