Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
Educational Seminar – beyond PRIDE: Preparing your hearts and your lives for your new child
November 14 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LIVE stream online – Saturday, November 14th, 2020
The goal of this educational seminar is to provide a framework for the next stage of your adoption process – beyond PRIDE.
- Adjustments of children: food, language, sleeping, other children in the home, your extended family, pets;
- Understanding open adoption relationships (or considerations if no contact);
- Issues related to mixed racial adoptions; how to talk to your child about adoption; positive adoption language;
- How to answer questions from family and friends;
- Guest speakers, including adult adoptees; adoptive parents, birth mother, etc.
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. $125/person.
View flyer for details