Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
- This event has passed.
ACO Live Webinar: Internet & Social Media Considerations for Adoptive Families
September 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Internet Safety & Adoption with Cindy Stewat, Child & Youth Worker & ACO PACT Trainer
Recommended audience: adoptive, kinship, customary care families
Goals: This Webinar will provide an overview about social media, how kids use it and some of the effects of it on our children. It will also discuss how parents can help their families navigate social media, including during these times of physical distancing. It will outline some of the risk factors involved and why our kids might be vulnerable to some of these risks. It will explain some of the platforms used and what parents need to be aware of. Suggestions for parents on how to teach your children about platforms and using devises and apps safely will also be discussed.
- Understand what social media is, how kids use it and its impact on our children and teens
- Be aware of some of the risks involved and why our kids and teens might be vulnerable to some of these risks
- Gain knowledge of Social media platforms
- Understand how to help our children navigate social media, including during this time of physical distancing
- Know where to find up-to date information to increase your knowledge
Register for free HERE