- This event has passed.
ACO Live Webinar: Identity and Belonging
October 1, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Identity and Beloning with Dianne Mathes R.S.W. Adult Adoptee, Therapist, ED Adoption Council of Ontario.
Recommeded Audience: Adoptees, parents, teachers, partners and the community who wants to connect with and support the adopted child.
Goals: During this one hour webinar, Dianne uses original art and images to describe the life long journey of the adoptee from birth through the stages of development and into the experiences of the adults, including search and reunion. This webinar focuses on how adoption trauma may affect many aspects of an adoptee’s way of perceiving themselves and others, and the unique challenges which, if recognized, named and understood, can provide repair and healing. This webinar is intended to provide adoptees with support in naming and claiming some of their lens as well as for parents, teachers, partners and the community who wants to connect with and support the adopted child, youth or adult by learning about their unique lens and way of being.
- See the “view” through the lens of adoption for many adoptees
- Understand the experience from the core foundation, the sensory world of the infant
- Learn the unique thoughts, feelings, experiences and perceptions that can be part of this unique journey in life
- Learn how the world of the adoptee is both dual and multi layered and the many ways that adoptees may use to navigate these realities
- Learn how this core experience informs identity and a sense of belonging at each stage of development
- Learn how grief is different and what the differences mean in connections with self and others
- Learn how adoption trauma is different and how and why children, youth and adults may respond differently and have unique and different needs
- Learn how attunement to these unique experiences is important and what is needed beyond attunement
Register for free HERE