Due to the current global health situation, ALL events will be held virtually until further notice.
- This event has passed.
ACO Live Webinar: ACEs & Developmental Trauma Part 1 – The Science & Why it Matters
October 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
ACEs & Developmental Trauma Part 1: The Science & Why it Matters with Kathy Soden & Sylvia Gibbons, Adoption Council of Ontario PACT Team & DTAA Members
Recommended audience: pre-adoptive families, adoptive, kinship and customary care families, adult adoptees and the professionals who support those on adoption and permanency journeys
- provide an overview of:
- the Adverse Childhood Experiences study and its findings,
- the brain science related to childhood trauma and adversity, and
- what developmental trauma is all about
- explain why it’s important to understand these topics through the lens of adoption and permanency journeys
- introduce a discussion about the prevention and healing of developmental trauma which will be expanded upon in Part 2
- discuss the brain’s resilience and opportunities for strengthening neural pathways
- introduce Ontario’s Developmental Trauma Action Alliance and its goals
- provide relevant resources and further learning opportunities
Register for free HERE